The Optio S7 is the latest model in the Optio S series, a collection renowned for slim and super stylish compact bodies. In addition to an upgraded 7.0 effective-megapixel CCD, it has been decked out with extra features to make it easier to use. These include a Blur Reduction mode that reduces camera shake and subject blurring, as well as new Face Recognition technology that simplifies portrait-taking by automatically detecting the position of the subject’s face and adjusting the focus and exposure to achieve perfect portraits.
The stylish design and cutting edge technology utilised in the Optio S7 will appeal to everyone from style conscious gadget fans, right through to keen photographers who demand advanced features in a compact shell.
• Stylish and slim compact body
Despite incorporating a 3x optical zoom lens into the camera, the Optio S7 has a thinner and lighter body than previous S-series models. A new high-resolution, 2.5 inch non-glare LCD monitor provides users with excellent outdoor visibility - even in bright conditions. It also retains the traditional S-series styling and brushed aluminium body making it a durable and attractive camera.
• New Blur Reduction mode reduces camera shake and subject blurring
The Optio S7 is equipped with a Blur Reduction mode, a new feature that lets you take photos at faster shutter speeds, for sharper images even in dim lighting conditions, for example night scenes or indoor sporting events. In this mode, the camera automatically adjusts the sensitivity to as high as ISO 1600 to match the brightness of the subject. The higher sensitivities permit faster shutter speeds that effectively reduce not just camera shake but also blurring caused by moving subjects. The image recording size is fixed at 4 MB (2304 x 1728 pixels) when the Blur Reduction mode is selected.
• Face Recognition AF & AE for perfect portraits
The camera includes the new Face Recognition AF (auto focus) & AE (auto exposure) function, which allows you to take bright, beautiful photos of people with perfectly focused faces, free of shadows usually caused by exposing for the background. This function automatically detects the position of the subject anywhere in the photo frame, then adjusts the focus and optimises the exposure for the subjects face. The Face Recognition AF & AE function uses the Face Tracker face-recognition technology from FotoNation.
• Auto-tracking AF continuously focuses on a moving subject
The Optio S7’s auto-tracking AF feature continuously focuses on subjects such as kids and pets as they move. Since the focus frame automatically follows the movement of the subject inside the photo frame action shots are captured perfectly with the subject always in focus..
• High-quality movies with the anti-shake function
The Optio S7 smoothly captures movies at 30 fps (frames per second) at sizes up to 640 x 480 pixels with image quality rivalling camcorders. Using the DivX® (MPEG-4 compliant) movie format, the Optio S7 can record longer, high-quality movies. Camera shake while filming can also be corrected automatically by switching on the movie anti-shake function
• Auto Picture mode automatically determines the best settings for the shooting conditions
The Auto Picture mode lets the camera automatically determine the shooting conditions for Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene and Program modes to choose the optimum settings for each subject. This function makes capturing perfect pictures a lot easier as it reduces the number of settings changes required. Keen photographers still have the option to manually adjust all settings.
• The image quality of 7.0 effective megapixels produces beautiful, crisp prints even when enlarged to poster size
The Optio S7 produces clear images with impressive quality thanks to the high resolution afforded by its 7.0 effective megapixels and to its high-performance smc PENTAX lens, allowing photos to be greatly enlarged without a loss of quality. Additionally, a high-performance ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) supplies the camera with dramatically increased image-processing power, giving more natural tone reproductions and textured portraits..
• Supports the SDHC memory card for greater storage of high-quality images and longer movies
The Optio S7 supports two removable storage media: the conventional SD memory card and the new SDHC memory card, which will give users to have more than 2GB storage for videos and images.
Red-eye correction available after shooting The Optio S7 comes with FotoNation’s red-eye correction function, which can correct red-eye problems after the photo is taken. With the ability to manually select the area to correct, this function allows for more precise correction of red-eye photos..
• Approx. 232,000 pixels high-resolution, 2.5-inch non-glare LCD monitor with excellent outdoor visibility
• Mode Palette provides quick access to 16 shooting modes and 15 playback modes
• Frequently used functions can be assigned to the Green button
• Digital zooming provides up to 4x magnification
• Approximately 23 MB of built-in memory
• Built-in AF spotbeam (on/off switching possible)
• Includes the ACDSee for PENTAX image viewer/image management software
• Supports PictBridge, DPOF functions, Exif Print, and PRINT Image Matching